There are basically 3 ways to do that:
- By public transport (train and bus)
- By car
- Organised trip (Giethoorn private tour or bus tour)
- Yes, you can rent a boat in Giethoorn all year round
- It takes a while to find a boat rental company who does not take his boats out of the water in the low season
- If there is ice on the ditches, boats will not be rented out
- Residents living in authentic thatched roof houses which are located on small islands.
- The village is mostly car-free. Therefore, locals move themselves by foot, bike or boat.
- This Dutch village has 176 bridges.