Giethoorn tourist information corona. The first phase of the coronavirus outbreak in Netherlands is behind us. The Dutch government has issued corona (Covid-19) measures for the whole of Netherlands. The corona (Covid-19) measures for Giethoorn will follow below.
-Giethoorn tourist information corona update 28 July 2020.
-Giethoorn village is 7 days per week open for everybody.
- Keeping a distance of 1.5 meter remains valid if you do not belong to the same household.
-Fines for not complying with the 1.5 meter distance are: Eu95 for 13 to 17 year olds and Eu390 for adults.
- If you travel in the Netherlands by public transport, you should keep in mind that wearing a non-medical mask is mandatory.
- Walking is allowed in Giethoorn. But, pay attention to the 1.5 meter distance when passing to others outside your Household.
- Cycling in the car-free part of Giethoorn village is only prohibited between 11 a.m . and 5 p.m. unless the bike is held by hand.
- Renting a boat in Giethoorn village is allowed when everyone comes from one household.
- People from multiple households are only allowed to sail in Giethoorn village if the 1.5 meter distance can be guaranteed.
- Restaurants in Giethoorn may receive inside a maximum of 100 people at the same time, taking into account the 1.5 meter distance.
- Restaurants in Giethoorn have no restrictions on their outdoor terraces, except for the 1.5 meter rule that also apply here.